INTENSIVE GOUT TREATMENT IN EDMONTONGout is a kind of arthritis that causes pain, swelling and tenderness in joints. This disorder happens due to the crystallization of uric acid in the joints. If you are troubled by the excruciating pain, get our help. Edmonton Foot Health Centre offers comprehensive medical care for foot and ankle disorders. Besides offering gout treatment in Edmonton, we also offer our assistance to cure bunion and an ingrown toenail. For further details, visit our website.
CAUSES OF GOUT
The main cause of getting this condition is due to the breakdown of the purines and the chemicals produced by uric acid. When the kidneys face difficulty in getting rid of the uric acid, it leads to the Gout. The excess acid accumulates and crystallizes in the joints as uric acid is sensitive to temperature changes. The tendency of uric acid accumulation can be genetic. The other factors which could lead to this condition include:
- High blood pressure
The symptoms which might lead to Gout include:
- Intense pain that occurs suddenly, often in the middle of the night or upon rising
- Signs of inflammation like redness, swelling and warmth over the joint
Treatment to Cure Gout
There are several ways to treat the acute gout flare. Some of them include:
- Medication: Our health experts might prescribe you with pain killers or injections to subside the pain, swelling and inflammation. Consult our team before taking any medicine to reduce this pain.
- Dietary Restrictions: Food and beverages which contain high purine contents must be avoided. Food items such as seafood, organ meat and red wine.
- Intake of Fluids: You must consume plenty of water and juices to maintain the fluid levels in the body and prevent dehydration.
Commonly Asked Questions
How frequent are gout attacks? In the early period, gout attacks may occur rarely. With time, these become more frequent and may occur several times a year in the same or different joints. Its repeated occurrence can damage the joint.
Who can be affected by Gout? Gout affects the following:
- Men of all ages
- Postmenopausal women
- People who are obese
- People who drink alcohol frequently
Which joints are commonly affected by Gout? The most common joint which gets affected is the base of the big toe. However, the pain might occur in any joint including ankles, knees, and wrists.
How is Gout diagnosed? Gout can be diagnosed through your medical history and physical exam tests. A definitive diagnosis can be made by taking a sample of inflamed fluid from the involved joint.
Can Gout affect more parts of the body? Accumulation of uric acid can happen anywhere in the body.
Call Us Today
Timely detection of Gout followed by proper treatment can help reduce the pain and inflammation. If you are experiencing repeated gout attacks, get in touch with us. Our team of experts will help you get rid of the gout pain in Edmonton.